Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cold and Ice in NH.
We are fine and warm. There is ice all over everything, but we're getting around fine. Nathan and I ran a couple errands today with out any troubles....well ok I had trouble getting back UP the driveway, but once I slid back out for about the 5th time and got a running start, I made it up the teeny tiny incline with out the tires slipping on the ice as much. It was kinda funny, I was just sitting in the car laughing at the situation (Nathan wasn't amused...??).
We lost power last night, but only for about 45 minutes. The boys were already in bed asleep so we just piled some extra blankets on them. We lit some candles and I read a book with a little flash light. I thought about knitting and just ended up reading about knitting. When the power came back on, so did half the lights in the house, 2 of the tv's and who knows what else!

This is the candle on our piano. Love the dots on the wall!!
This picture is looking out our kitchen window towards the street...and icey street at that!

6 comments:

yarnophiliac said...

oooh, yeah. fun stuff, isn' it?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh let me tell you as a passenger in a big truck last year that is no fun if you are a controll freak like me. DH was trying to get the big truck up a small incline in NY state and it just kept sliding backwards. I was having a fit and DH just kept saying it's OK. HAHAHA

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

brrrrrrrrr...
glad your power wasn't off too long and everything is ok.

Gina House said...

I love the pic of the candle on the piano. Beautiful and cozy!

LaurieStar said...

Hey Lora!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Turns out we're neighbors! I used to live in Manchester too - now I'm more near Greenfield. Small world, eh?

Nice to meet another New Hampshire-ite! :)

Laurie

Lapdog Creations said...

Yea, I agree with Heahter... real fun... :/ Derry was AWFUL...