I have started my Lady Eleanor Stole/Scarf!!!! This is going to be my biggest project I believe and it's all for me!!! I have one skein all knitted up and have started on the second skein! I am using Noro Silk Garden in 3 different colorways. I have 3 skeins of each color so I'll rotate accordingly. So here's the start! I started this past Sunday and this is how far I am now. Jacob came home from school today and said "Boy mom! I like this knitting!" while holding up the scarf. Makes me feel so good he likes my knitting!! (He's sitting on the couch now with his knit hat on!) I can't wait to see how it looks after more! It's already so pretty to me!
I have also joined SP10, so here's my questionaire.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Lately I've found I REALLY like cashsoft!! I got some at WEBS and oh man it's soft! I'm not fond of fun furs. I really like Merino style yarns....the seem really soft too.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I got a beautiful needle holder by Lantern Moon from my in laws for Christmas. I also just throw them sometimes in my bag that I got from knitpicks.com. ya know, the bagsmith bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My friend Tamelyn and Heather taught me to knit in Nashville back in August of 2005. I consider myself I guess beginner/intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I put a link to amazon over under my links to the right here. It's a good start of a wish list
5. What's your favorite scent? My favorite candle scent is Glade Rainshower. It smells so fresh. I like the clean out of the shower smell.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? OH I love Reese's peanut butter cups and I like peanut butter M&M's too!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not spin. I like to bead and rubber stamp.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love classic rock. yes my computer can play mp3's. I also like Jann Arden, Hem, Elton John, Billy Joel, Hootie and the Blowfish, Everclear.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite color is green, followed by orange. Not a big fan of yellow I guess, but all other colors are ok.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married to Brent, 2 sons, Jake and Nate, and one dog Lincoln.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes I wear scarves and mittens, sometimes I wear a hat if it can get it to stay on my thick hair and No not much of a poncho gal.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Well for awhile I was having fun with bracelets and the Mary Ella pattern on Knitty.com, but lately I've been doing some socks and now I'm LOVING working on my entrelac stole!
13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on the Lady Eleanor entrelac stole from Scarf Style
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Oh yes...anything made with love is appreciated!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? If I'm using straight or dpn's I like bamboo needles. If I use circular needles I like addi turbo's because of the cord on them. I have not tried the knit picks circs yet, but I plan on it one day!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No I do not.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? OH MY...well...um... a year I guess...I was trying to make the bunny backpack out of the S&B book
18. What is your favorite holiday? OH I love Halloween and Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect? I used to collect elephants but haven't done that much lately. But I still like elephants.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I do not get any knitting magazines in the mail. I would love a book that has fair isle mitten patterns, or just cool fair isle patterns in it!!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm up for learning anything but nothing off the top of my head right now.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes I knit socks. I wear a size 8 shoe, I've never gotten my foot measurements...I just try the sock on until it feels right.
23. When is your birthday? August 3rd.
Behind the Seams with Michael Miller Fabrics!
19 hours ago