Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mermaid Fingerless Gloves are finished!
Started 2/5/08
Finished 3/5/08
Yarn: Fleece Artist Sea Wool
They are so warm and cozy and snugly! I am SO glad that I am finished with this knit. I got lost in the pattern and had to tink quite a few times. On the second glove I did there were moments when I wanted to frog the whole project. I doubt I will EVER knit another pair of these again. I just didn't enjoy it. BUT... let me tell you, I am glad I did them, I love wearing them. They are awesome and the pattern is great! You can find the pattern for the socks on Knitty.com. I just modified the sock pattern into fingerless gloves (as did many other people on Ravelry.) I winged the thumb and knew I wanted fingers or knucks.
They are super snug and very warm.
Now watch....next week it's going to be 60 freakin' degrees or something and I won't be able to wear them. But hey, if it hurries along spring, I'm all for it!

5 comments:

Charlene said...

Those are fabulous! Well done! And, enjoy them while you can :)

Gina House said...

REALLY, REALLY beautiful! And even nicer in person. I hope these bring the warm weather and sunshine!!!

yarnophiliac said...

oh, I'm sure New England will have a few more opportunities in store for you to wear them (sigh). Thay are lovely, tho!

Jackie said...

Fantastic! The colors are simply gorgeous and you did such a lovely job.

Don't worry, it's only March. We're guaranteed at least one more big snowstorm.

YawnOver said...

LOVE your mitts! Great job - they look fantastic :)