Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SP12 Questionairre.

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
I'm not super picky about my yarn. I did once work with some merino/tencel sock yarn that was super delicious!! I like Knit Picks Shine, it feels good. Some Acrylic is ok...I like Vanna's Choice, used it for a sweater for my son.
What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have the Knit Pick options set.
How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started knitting maybe getting close to 4 years ago I guess?? My friend Tamelyn and Heather taught me one weekend when we got together in Tennessee. (Miss you gals!) I would conder my skill level close to intermediate.
Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I have an Amazon wish list...it's over there to the right --->
What’s your favorite scent?
I like fresh clean scents. Glade Rain shower is a favorite of mine. Nothing too musky. Definitely not patchouli oil...ick.
Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
OOO yes!! I like Peanut butter and Chocolate, like Reese's Peanut Butter cups or Fast Break by Reese's. Do not like the new whipped Reese's though. I also like Chocolate cover Raisins. A new favorite, not really sweet is Wheat Thins Tomato and Basil crackers. Yum
What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew, I bead, I rubber stamp. I do not spin. I have a drop spindle and some yummy fiber from my good friend Heather at Sereknity, but haven't spun it yet.
What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like classic rock and some current music. Elton John, Billy Joel, Maroon 5, Jann Arden, Hem, and lots of others.
What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Favorite colors: Green and Orange...not together, but I like them both. I'm not a big fan of Yellow. If yellow is mixed in with other colors though it's alright, but just not alone.
What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a hubby, 2 sons (age 7 and 4), and a dog, Lincoln.
Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Now that I got my hair cut short you can bet I'll be wearing more Scarves. I do wear mittens. Hats and ponchos, not so much.
What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Toys for the kids! Love a lot of the Mochi Mochi patterns but don't have any. If I had to chose which I'd like to knit it would be the Uh-Oh's and Tubby.
What are you knitting right now?
Right now I have a sock on the needles and I'm attempting a new lace scarf designed by my friend Gina (and it's kicking my butt....lace doesn't like me yet)
Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES
Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like Straight and circular, bamboo or aluminum......plastic, not so much.
Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No and No.
How old is your oldest UFO?
I started a back pack and an elephant back when we lived in Kentucky so over two years old. I think I frogged the Elephant, but I still have parts of the back pack.
What is your favorite holiday?
OH I like Halloween and Christmas
Is there anything that you collect?
I used to collect Elephants.
Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I want some yarn to make the Lotus Blossom Tank, but haven't figured out what I'd like yet, It calls for SWT Bamboo and I like the color Murgahogany. I do not have any knitting magazine subscriptions.
Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
None that I can think of at the moment.
Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I knit socks...I wear a size 8.5
When is your birthday? August 3rd.
What’s your Ravelry ID? Lorak

No comments: