Friday, January 20, 2006

Yesterday I played with my Mother's sewing machine. I'm going to an art retreat called Magic Mischief and Mayhem in April and I have to know how to use the sewing machine. I haven't touched one since highschool!!
I'm kind of excited about the whole thing. I wasn't at first when I found out I had to have a sewing machine, and I didn't have one, but luckily my mother is a generous one and said I could borrow hers. She's so cool!

I went shopping last night at some local book stores looking for a book my friend Kim was talking about. A beading book. Well the store didn't have it and said they would order it for me. I told them let me think about it. I mean, come on...if it has to be ordered I can order from Amazon and have it delivered to my home instead of tracking back across town to get the book. So I got on Amazon this morning and bought it, cheaper than it would have been at the store! This is the book. ("THANKS KIM"
)








I also saw another book at the bookstore that caught my eye. Very bright looking and fun. I want to try and journal more and I think this would be a GREAT way to branch out and maybe never give my mom her sewing machine back! LOL It's a fabric book! Take a look at this!

I'm going to have so much fun... you may need to email me to remind me to post after I get these books!! Off to stalk the postman......like he'll come today... oh well... I'm still excited!

3 comments:

Mamarox said...

Look out world, she's got a machine and she's not afraid to use it! I am so excited for you! That fabric journal book is on Heather's list too. I will wait to hear what you all think before adding it to mine ;-)That Magic, Mischeif and Mayham retreat sounds amazing. Next year you should think about ArtFiberFest (eg)

Lora said...

Let me see how I do with the machine and fabric this retreat and if I do well then next year it's double trouble if we hook up at ArtFiberFest...the world would NOT be the same! BRING ON THE MUDSLIDES!

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I have that book. Its COOL. I need to dig my sewing machine out! Soo much to do, sew litle time.. heh.. Yeah, next year we all need to go to fibre art fest. let's save up!