Sunday, May 06, 2007

Yesterday the boys, Brent and I went to Boston. Brandi Carlile was going to be a Borders for a CD signing session and a mini-concert. She played 3 songs. I took a video of it and I'll put it at the end of this post. It's not the BEST video, but I had fun!
We started the day by figuring out the best way to get to the bookstore. I talked to Jackie and I called Borders. Both recommended the "T" and one point or another. I did a little research online and we ended up driving to the Alewife T stop. The boys were very excited about riding on the subway, train, whatever ya call it. :) Nathan just called it a Train, so I will too. Parking at Alewife was $5 for the day and that wasn't bad. It was one of the stops that had enough parking for mobs. haha. Brent and I had to pay $2.00 a piece each way, and the boys rode for free. When we got on the train is was pretty empty. But by the time we got to our stop at Park Street, there were more people, some standing. All I could keep thinking about was the crazy subway ghost Vincent Schiavelli on "Ghost" coming through the door screaming "GET OFF MY TRAIN". I know...weird. Silly little fact about me...that was the first ever VHS movie I owned!! Anyway...back to the story. So we found our way out of the Subway and we come out in Boston Commons, Jacob looks to his left and yells "McDonalds!" Yeah you just can't escape them haha.
So we found Borders....listened to the music, walked around Boston. Went in to a little cemetery, it was cool. John Hancock and other supposed to be buried there. People from the Boston Massacre buried there too. All in all it was a FUN day.
Sometimes doing things with out too much planning is good. I mean we had to plan for parking and such. But just roaming around Beantown was fun. I'll share some pictures now. :) (if you've managed to read this far haha).
Brent and the boys walking through Boston.
Brent giving Jacob a view of Brandi Carlile singing. Man it was crowded.
I didn't feel like standing in line for an autograph, so I saw this poster in the store and stood in front of it and Brent snapped a shot.
This was the coolest thing! That spiral staircase caught my eye and I took a picture and then two seconds later Brent said, "Oh Man, look at that spiral staircase."
The boys in Boston. Nathan was a bit mad at the moment, but shortly after this picture he was happy chasing pigeons. haha

We walked through this cemetery. "Within this ground are buried the victims of the Boston massacre." Pretty neat eh!! Below is video I took of Brandi Carlile.

7 comments:

Sonya said...

The spiral staircase is very cool. It looks like ya'll had a great time. I would love to see Boston someday.

Tabitha said...

ohhhh, I really like her! We might go to the Indianapolis show! Too bad I couldn't go to Boston, I could have seen her, you, and Boston...that would have been a triple score!! Dang, maybe next time.
The spiral staircase is awesome, way to be on the lookout for great pics :)

Anonymous said...

I love Boston. It's a great city for just walking around. We took our grandson there last summer and now he's a lover of the city also. Marion

NH Knitting Mama said...

Glad you had a good time!

Jackie said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Glad the boys got to ride the T. Kids and trains, huh? Brandi's voice sounds so good live.

Gina House said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time! Fun for you!!! Tell us more on Wed!

yarnslinger said...

I grew up right outside of Boston. There are lots of fun things for kids - the swan boats in the public garden, the Duck tours, the Children's Museum, the Museum of Science...just for starters. If you guys ever want to go down for the day, let me know, I would be happy to be your tour guide and it is always fun to experience the city through new eyes!!