Thursday, September 06, 2007

First day of Second grade AND his SEVENTH birthday! Here is Jacob ready to go to school yesterday. FINALLY my kid is in school. LOL I feel like I've been reading blogs for months now of other kids going to school and here I sit with a kid still here. Well, NO MORE! He's out of the house and on his merry way.
After dropping Jake off at school, Nathan and I did some running around. We went by the $1 store to just play and browse (and I needed a drain stopper for my kitchen sink!) Nathan found this very Pimp worthy hat!! I am SO glad I had my camera in my purse!! I didn't buy it...but now that I'm looking at this picture, I so want to go back and get it.
After Jacob got home from school we had about 15 minutes to regroup and then it was off to Cub Scouts. While Jake was at Cub Scouts I made him a birthday cake. I went knitting last night, yes on his birthday, he received THREE new PS2 games and I wasn't in the mood to stare at the back of his head all night while he played. LOL But Daddy did the candles and cake with the boys while I was at knitting and took some pictures. Wouldn't you have liked to be a fly on the wall for that manly party! haha!!

8 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh ya that would have been a good party. Alex is going to want to know what games he got.

Anonymous said...

You definitely should have bought that hat!

Happy be-lated birthday Jacob!

Anonymous said...

OH LORA!!!! we bought those hats.. EVERY COLOR THEY HAD!!!!! they are too fun.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!!! good luck in school... will nathan be going next year to kindergarten?

YawnOver said...

You must have that hat :) Too funny.

yarnophiliac said...

Yay for Jacob! All the boys look like they are having a great time!

lera said...

School AND a birthday? Lucky guy!

(That last photo cracks me up!)

Tabitha said...

Happy B-day to Jacob!!!! That hat is too cute, you gotta get them both one :)

Gigi said...

Oh, my has Jacob grown! Happy Birthday to the big second grader! =-D

P.S. OMG is Nathan cute in that hat!