Monday, November 26, 2007

Our First Thanksgiving alone as a foursome. It was just wonderful. Of course I missed our family back home, but there's something about not driving to three different places and attempting to eat at all of them when there's good food to consume! Brent took care of our special guest, Mr. Butterball Turkey, and I did the sides.
The turkey came out DELICIOUS! It was very good and juicy. Not dry a bit!
Later in the evening Brent and the boys set up the Christmas Tree and we all put on some decorations.

I got a little knitting time in here and there over the 4 day weekend. We even went and visited Santa at the mall on Friday evening. It wasn't bad at all. Jacob went to the movies Friday with a friend from school, and Brent, Nathan and I braved K-mart. It really wasn't that bad, but I swear if Santa does not bring Nathan a Whac-a-mole game, Santa beware!!! The child will NOT be happy!
We went out to eat Friday night and Jacob worked on his list for Santa since we were going to the mall to see him. Nathan walked up to Santa and said, "Hey, Little Dude, I want a Whac-a-mole." And that was that!
(my scanner is not hooked up so I took a photo of the photo of Santa)
On Sunday, Nathan and I went to
Laurin's annual Gingerbread House party. I didn't take my camera but I'm sure Laurin will post some pictures on her blog from the party. Nathan had a great time, as did I. Chris, Ericka and Donna (Chris's mom) were there too when I was there, so it was nice to spend time with them and Laurin and her hubby. Gina and her oldest son were there for a smidgen when I first got there, but they finished their Gingerbread SHIP and set sail for home. Thanks Laurin for letting us crash your party! I want to do it again next year now! :)

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Adorable. Sounds like a perfect holiday!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, well, minus the mall ;-)

Jackie said...

OMG the boys look adorable with Santa! I wish my kids would sit with him. I love that Nathan called him "little dude". Where does he come up with them?

Gina House said...

Oh, love the pic of you and Nathan!!! That turkey looked so golden...yum! I wish Ben would go talk to Santa...he's a bit scared of him still. Tim is just, well, you know! See you Wed!

Stacy said...

that is one tasty lookin bird! there is something magical about sharing a holiday with your family. i can imagine how you missed everyone here but really enjoyed your own Tgiving. :D

Tabitha said...

What a sweet pic of Santa with the boys! Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Good job on the awesome looking turkey, Brent :)

Sarah said...

The whole sitting on Santa's lap still scares me, even just looking at the photo of the boys doing it.

Nice bird!

Love your green wall!!

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving (a little late, lol) sounds like you guys had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like you're getting into the spirit of Christmas as well. Guess I'd better start on our preparations soon or it'll be here before I know it.
-mo

Anonymous said...

*sigh* the boys are growing so quick :( looks like you have a GREAT weekend. I am debating about taking my kiddos one last time to see santa.

Holly said...

You are awfully quick to eat your guests. I'm not coming to your house!!!

Artifax said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Sounds like you had a very happy Thanksgiving! And your turkey turned out gorgeous - all golden brown.

How adorable your boys look with Santa! Mine are working on their letters to Santa this week :)

I WISH I owned that vintage chartreuse dress! Sadly, that beauty belongs to some other lucky woman. But we can dream, can't we?