Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Warning....not a normal post for me. Something is actually going on in my life!
What Is FNA?
Fine needle aspiration (FNA) is a technique that allows a biopsy of various bumps and lumps. It allows your otolaryngologist to retrieve enough tissue for microscopic analysis and thus make an accurate diagnosis of a number of problems, such as inflammation or even cancer.
Doesn't that just sound FUN?!?! I had a FNA yesterday on my thyroid. They did 4 sticks to my neck. So now I have four little needle marks on my neck and it's a bit bruised but just to the touch, no purple neck for me! I get the results back in about 7-9 days.
Brent met me there, which was great because I couldn't get ahold of any friends to sit with Nathan. Nathan watched with great interest and was very quiet. After it was over I told Nathan I should get a sucker for that because he always gets a sucker after he goes to the dr. I didn't get one....I just got a bandaid.
I started working on a free form bracelet last night. A good beady friend Lidija really inspires me to try!! Check out her site here. She has some beautiful pieces!!

No comments: