Friday, November 24, 2006

2006.... First New Hampshire Thanks Giving....
My ratings on the day.... a 10 baby!!
We went to a fellow knitters house, Heather, and celebrated Thanksgiving with her and her husband Jim, 2 children, her mother and brother and sister! The food was very good, or as a NH person might say, "WICKED AWESOME" (I'm catching on here)
Later in the evening, her husbands family started showing up, and bless little Nathan, He just went up and hugged Jim's Father. It was the most precious thing! And it warmed my heart and made me feel good that he just picked him up and loved him back, as if he was one of his own grandchildren. I love people like that!!! But that moment also made me reaaalllllly miss my family! This is the first Thanksgiving I've ever missed with my family. But I think I did well all day and just knowing the boys had a BLAST made the day even better.
So a BIG BLOGGY THANK YOU to Heather and Jim! You guys made our Thanksgiving wonderful and made us feel so welcome!! We appreciate your hospitality! ( and the left over turkey sammich today was "wicked awesome" tee hee)

3 comments:

Gina House said...

Lucky, Lucky you! If Heather cooks as well as she dyes yarn, I can just imagine how AWESOME the dinner was. See you on Wed?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good time with new friends.

YawnOver said...

Glad you are getting such a nice reception here in NH. We have a (mostly undeserved) reputation for being a little...well..chilly. A friend of mine who moved up from PA remembers seeing a bumper sticker that said "Welcome to NH - Now Go Home" and thinking hmmm...nice place. LOL